Thursday 26 February 2015

TY So Far : )

So far, I have really enjoyed Transition Year!
I’ve had chances to do a lot of things I’ve never experienced before.
I’ve never had a job in my life, and this year I’ve had two so far, and have just started my third one!

-Scoil Naomh Bríd Primary School
-Setanta Sports Broadcasting House
-ABsolutely FABulous Flowers

I really enjoyed my first two work placements, and I have a feeling I will really like my third one too! When organising my work placements, I made sure to choose three completely different ones, so I could experience more.
We have done many activities in aid of several charities…

-“HollyDays” for ISPCC
-“National Pancake Party” for Tallaght Children’s Hospital
-“Lollipop Day” for the Oesophageal Cancer Fund

We have taken part in competitions, such as “The Briary Gap TY Drama Competition”, where we got a chance to write and perform our own play, and “MiniCompany” where we invented and sold our own product. I have never taken part in any competition similar to “MiniCompany” before, and I really liked it. It made me feel much older for some reason...maybe because we had a lot of responsibilities, and we had to organise the whole thing ourselves!
We have gone on several trips, such as the traditional trip to Carlingford J We also went on a maths trip to Rathbeggan Lakes, a science trip to the RDS (BT Young Scientist) and a Road Safety talk in Punchestown.
Apart from the trips and activities, I think TY has made me much more confident, and it has allowed me to make loads of new friends! I’m so excited for the rest of the year!

 Displaying image1.jpeg
http://dearbhlaty.blogspot.ie/ and I at Rathbeggan Lakes!

Displaying image2.jpeg
http://annahepple.blogspot.ie/ , http://annastyblog2014.blogspot.ie/ and I at Carlingford!

Displaying image3.jpeg
http://costellooo.blogspot.ie/ and I at the school Funwalk!

Displaying image4.jpeg
Leading the school Funwalk :) 
(when you realize that you make the same face in every single picture..)

No comments:

Post a Comment